Tuesday, January 3, 2012

David Wong

Check this guy out David Wong. I met David at the Christian Howe's Creative Strings Workshop in Columbus Ohio that puts a tooon of violin students together and madness occurs. It's a really awesome workshop you should check out if you are into alternative strings classes. Young and old fiddlers, cellists, bassists, and other string players (mainly of the f hole variety) come and play I think it's 25 gigs in a week around Columbus. I was fortunate enough to help out and met a ton of great players. David is one I admire a lot, he puts together these Youtube videos and just finds popular (or not so popular) songs to cover on the fiddle. He finds interesting arrangements and gets a ton of hits. I really like his ideas. Check his youtube page out here and find a cover you like.

http://www.youtube.com/user/dieselchew137

No comments: